Tuesday 12 July 2016

Pregnancy Update: 35 Weeks

I have slowed right down. Not because I want to, but out of necessity. I am simply too huge to get anywhere on time. After months of enjoying my bump, I’m now starting to see it as cumbersome. Getting off the sofa is hard work and getting out of bed without making a scene is pretty much impossible. Some of my maternity clothes are too small now so I’m left wearing mostly tents.

I’m not sleeping well at night. I seem to spend most of the night heaving myself out of bed, peeing or trying to get back to sleep. I’ve also started to feel worried about how much we have left to sort out before the baby arrives and that has contributed to my sleep deprivation.

Ebony had her taster session and reception which made everything feel a little more real. I can’t believe she’ll be in full-time education in just two months. Much as I know I will enjoy the luxury of actually being able to nap when the baby naps, I know the days are going to feel long without Ebony by my side.

I finally got around to ordering the hot tub for the birth. I had a last minute panic because they seemed to be out of stock most places, but I was able to find one at a decent price in the end. It arrived on Tuesday and now we just need to find the time to check everything is there and make sure it all works. I feel a little more organised now that I have somewhere to give birth. And we bought a second hand changing table from Gumtree at the weekend so I have somewhere to change the baby’s nappy. Laurie also went up in the loft and dragged out all of the baby items which I still need to through, but it certainly feels like we’re finally making progress.

Ebony was off nursery on Monday with a sickness bug and by Monday night, I caught it too. I never catch sickness bugs so this was a bit of a shock. And a sickness bug at 35 weeks is honestly the worst thing ever. I thought I had heartburn because I had a horrible burning sensation in my throat. I propped myself up on seven pillows so that I was pretty upright and hoped it would go away. It didn’t. I kept waking up and having to run to the bathroom to be sick. Being sick at 35 weeks is grim, but it’s definitely made worse by the unavoidable contractions that seem to follow each bout of sickness. I think I spent most of the night having strong Braxton Hicks contractions and by the next day, my bump was really sore. I spent most of Tuesday asleep and then finally felt sort of human again by Wednesday. I really wouldn’t recommend sickness bugs during pregnancy.

You can read last week’s update here.

fb com


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...