1. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey is amazing, I couldn't put it down. It is so beautifully written, and a really intriguing story. I don't read as much as I used to in my pre-motherhood days, but this book has really inspired me to make an effort to read more often.
2. I am well and truly hooked on fruit teas at the moment, and this is my current flavour of choice - not because it's better than all other brands, but simply because it's the one they sell at my local shop.
3. After hearing about how amazing Daiya cheese is, I finally got to try some thanks to my lovely family who brought me some back from Canada. It totally lived up to the hype. I still can't understand how the cheese melts so well. I'm not sure it tasted like cheese, does it? I think I've totally forgotten what cheese tastes like now, but it was so lovely to have that stringy cheese effect on a pizza.
4. My first book of Sounds by Alain Gree. I stumbled across Alain Gree's board books when Ebony was a little too old for them, but I finally find an excuse to buy one as present for my friend's beautiful new baby. I love the illustrations, they're such beautiful books.
5. Ebony loves witches, and pretends pretty much every stick we pass is a broomstick, so I wanted to find her a witch costume for Halloween. Much to my frustration, all of the toddler witch costumes seem to be based on the slutty adult witch costumes. They all feature short tutus and corset style tops, which really isn't what I was looking for. After a lengthy search, I managed to find this witches costume. It's exactly what I was looking for, and comes with a wig so I have the added bonus of pretending Ebony has hair for a day.
6. Cereal is an easy breakfast, and a great way of making sure Ebony has had a helping of fortified soya milk to set her up for the day. I was really excited to discover these Alpha Bites by Bear, they don't contain any sugar, and are full of fibre and nutrients. I ordered them with our weekly shop, and was a little apprehensive about whether they would be able to compete with the unhealthy, sugar-filled cereal Ebony had been eating. I needn't have worried, because they are delicious. So tasty, and Ebony loves them.